|Outside the park entrance.|
You will need:
- Passport or government issued ID such as driving licence.
- 常州 (Changzhou) and 环球动漫嬉戏谷 (World Joyland) printed/written down somewhere.
- Your address written down, just in case you get lost!
- 160RMB for travel, 200RMB for park tickets & shuttle bus.
- Extra money for food & taxi (just in case!)
1. Get the train to Shanghai Railway Station. This station is on line 1, 3 and 4. Travelling within Shanghai is super easy for foreigners so this part is easy!
2. Go to the main ticket office (it's HUGE you can't miss it). There is an English speaking desk on the right. Look for the white sign in the window. Get a ticket to Changzhou (常州) departing before 9.30 am (You need to get to Changzhou by 11am to catch the last bus). You can also purchase tickets the day before, this is what we did, and it saved us a lot of time. Note: You will need a passport or ID to buy train tickets. They accepted our UK driving licences (they just wanted the number to put into their system). Journey takes approx. 1 hour. 80RMB.
3. This is where we got lost! Once you are at Changzhou, you will find yourself in a large station, with shops and food stalls. Take the escalators to the next floor up. There is a large ticket hall with red electric banners everywhere. Everything from this point on is in Chinese. Don't worry about finding the right counter. Just queue up at any booth and show them 环球动漫嬉戏谷 (World Joyland) and you will be directed to the right place. If you have problems there is an information desk and tourist office downstairs, they speak a bit of English. You will get 1 ticket which covers your bus to & from the park and entrance fee for 200RMB.
|The rides have ratings 'Happiness Index' 'Splendor Index' and 'Thrill Index'.|
4. Head to the bus station (follow the signs). The bus we hopped on was small and had pictures of Joyland all over it. However, I have been informed that during peak season there is a larger blue shuttle bus with no pictures. So make sure you show the bus driver your tickets to make sure you are definitely on the right bus. Most of the people on the bus will be young and a lot of them will know English so you can ask your fellow passengers for help too. The bus takes about 1 hour.
5. Once you arrive, the bus driver will take your bus tickets and give you a park entrance ticket in exchange. Swipe through the entrance gates of the park & enjoy! Last bus back from the park is just before 6pm, arrive early as you do NOT want to miss it!*
|Check out the 'Flying Jurassic' theatre dome as there are only limited shows here per day.|
* Upon our arrival, we were told the last bus from the park was leaving early, so we decided to stay later and miss the bus. If you miss the last shuttle bus the only way back is by taxi because the park is in a very remote area. Further to this, all the taxis we could find were unlicensed (this is both risky and expensive in China). So I would highly recommend you don't miss the bus back!
Hope this helps! More park info here.